As you know OpenEnergyMonitor is a collaborative project. The project would be nothing without the hard work, time and effort that so many of you dedicate.
With the festive season upon us and the year coming to an end I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who's contributed in some way to the project over the past year. Contributions could be anything from a whole new module, fixing a bug, correcting a typo to helping out with discussions and support on the forums. We very much appreciate every contribution no matter how small.
Helping out with friendly support on the forums is an area where we are particularly grateful for assistance, as the project grows bigger (we're almost at 3000 registered users!) so does the user support requirements. It makes me very happy to see that the forums are a friendly place for new users to ask for help, as well as the first point of call for discussing an idea.
Here are a few names of people that I've picked up as making a significant contribution to the project over the past year. I apologise if I've missed anyone (I almost certainly have), if you think you too should be in this list please drop me and email and I'll add you on:
- Robert Wall - significant contributions of his expert electronics knowledge to the project and contribution of several major documentation sections.
- Martin Harizanov - RFM12Pi and Raspberry Pi as emonBase development hardware & software
- Robin Emley (calpso_rae) - Solar PV immersion water heating controller development
- Paul Reed - Solar PV immersion water heating controller development
- Stuart Pittaway (stuart) - Solar PV immersion water heating controller, significant software development
- Richard McDonald (richmc) - Solar PV immersion water heating controller development
- Ian Beck (series530) - Solar PV immersion water heating controller, integration of emonTx and emonGLCD
- Baptiste Gaultier (galouf) - emoncms and website front page graphic design
- Ildefonso Martínez - significant emoncms contributions
- Matthew Wire - emoncms input processing GUI
- Paul Allen - emoncms histogram graphs
- Nick Boyle - emoncms MQTT, Event module
- Jörg Becker - Solar PV dump load controller, software debugging
- MrSharkey - Significant contribution into solar PV dump load controller design by investigating the characteristics of digital meters.
- Everyone else who I've failed to mention...
..no blog post is complete without an image, here's one a took a few weeks back. It rather sums up the winter we're currently having here in North Wales. Sadly rather wet and warm, rather than cold and icy. I suppose it's good news for heating energy!
|Water puddle reflections from a wet and windy North Wales, UK in December|
To engage in discussion regarding this post, please post on our Community Forum.